From chapter 10 of the book How to Make Money with Social Media: An Insider’s Guide on Using New and Emerging Media to Grow Your Business. by Jamie Turner and Reshma Shah.
- Define your goals. Why do you want to get involved in online social networking?
- Get inside the mind of your target audience. Why would your prospective customers want to connect with you in an online social network?
- Focus on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Put serious effort into setting up profiles, connecting with prospective customers, and growing your network.
- Drive people to your profiles. Provide prospective customers with a reason (a promotion or useful information) to visit and join your online social network.
- Upload content regularly. Keep prospective customers engaged in your social network.
- Explore other online social networks. Keep your existing online social networks running and look at others that you might want to join.
What advice would you give to a business that is wanting to get started in online social networking?
Contact Us if you would like help getting started with or managing and online social network.